Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: Lipstick on a pig?

  1. #111
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    "As for today, with the negative attitudes towards AIDS and homosexuality, I'm pretty sure gays are more careful than most of the people I know. Of all my friends now and even in high school, I can count on one finger those that used a condom regularly. "

    I've got some good friends- [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] but none I'm that close with.

  2. #112
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know where you're getting your info, but here is what Wikipedia says:

    A more controversial theory known as the OPV AIDS hypothesis suggests that the AIDS epidemic was inadvertently started in the late 1950s in the Belgian Congo by Hilary Koprowski's research into a poliomyelitis vaccine. According to scientific consensus, this scenario is not supported by the available evidence.
    The CDC, in search of a name, and looking at the infected communities coined "the 4H disease,"? as it seemed to single out Haitians, homosexuals, hemophiliacs, and heroin users. However, after determining that AIDS was not isolated to the homosexual community, the term GRID became misleading and AIDS was introduced at a meeting in July 1982

    A number of misconceptions have arisen surrounding HIV/AIDS. Three of the most common are that AIDS can spread through casual contact, that sexual intercourse with a virgin will cure AIDS, and that HIV can infect only homosexual men and drug users. Other misconceptions are that any act of anal intercourse between gay men can lead to AIDS infection, and that open discussion of homosexuality and HIV in schools will lead to increased rates of homosexuality and AIDS.

    AIDS was first reported June 5, 1981, when the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded a cluster of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (now still classified as PCP but known to be caused by Pneumocystis jirovecii) in five homosexual men in Los Angeles.


    First reported: Gay men

    </div></div>

    Wikipedia is the last place you should look for reliable info...the articles listed in the bibs at the bottom are solid tho.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #113
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    and another

  4. #114
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    "Wikipedia is the last place you should look for reliable info...the articles listed in the bibs at the bottom are solid tho."

    Actually.....I do a radio trivia show and try to check each and every question through a minimum of 3 to 5 sources. Despite the sites reputation to the contrary I have found Wikipedia to be significantly more accurate than any other broad subject site.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #115
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wrong, by its announcement by the CDC in '81 they recognized it as an epidemic.
    </div></div>

    I am still trying to figure this one out. Just because they announced there was a new disease doesn't mean it's an epidemic.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> AIDS was first reported June 5, 1981, when the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded a cluster of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (now still classified as PCP but known to be caused by Pneumocystis jirovecii) <span style='font-size: 17pt'>in five homosexual men in Los Angeles.
    </span> </div></div>

    This is an outbreak not an epidemic.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #116
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    For trivia it's fine..for solid research on a subject it isn't. I can get on wikipedia and write anything into an artice I want...and it will stay untill someone else notices and changes it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #117
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">





    Wikipedia is the last place you should look for reliable info...the articles listed in the bibs at the bottom are solid tho. </div></div>

    Yeah, I should have checked with you first! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  8. #118
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds
    I've got some good friends- [img
    /LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] but none I'm that close with.
    Never had a buddy ask you for a condom?

    I have, and even when I don't have one, they don't have one, she doesn't have one....The deed happens anyway.

  9. #119
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckmeat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds
    I've got some good friends- [img
    /LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] but none I'm that close with.
    </div></div>

    Never had a buddy ask you for a condom?

    I have, and even when I don't have one, they don't have one, she doesn't have one....The deed happens anyway.
    Humor, you didn't put a "she" in the first post. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •